Coronavirus is spreading in the entire world like a wildfire. It has affected people in all countries. So, what are COVID-19 and its symptoms and preventive measures? Let’s have a look.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) disease is an infectious disease caused by a recently discovered coronavirus.
Many people infected with the coronavirus (COVID-19) have mild to moderate respiratory problems and can be cured without the need for special treatment.
Older people and patients with other illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer patients are more likely to have severe respiratory problems.
One of the best ways to prevent the spread of the disease is to get a thorough understanding of the coronavirus (COVID-19), its causes, and how it spreads.
In order to protect yourself and others around you from infection, you must wash your hands with soap and water or with alcohol-based liquids and remove the habit of repeatedly touching the eyes, nose, and mouth.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads mainly through the droplets of saliva or nasal discharge while speaking, coughing, or sneezing. Therefore, it is important to always cover the mouth with the elbow while coughing or sneezing.
To date, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for coronavirus (COVID-19). However, there are many clinical trials of possible therapeutic treatments going on in the world.
The following precautions should be taken to prevent Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection:
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based liquid.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1 meter between yourself and a coughing person.
- Do not touch your face (eyes, nose, and mouth) repeatedly.
- Cover mouth and nose with an elbow while coughing or sneezing.
- people with illness do not leave the home.
- Avoid smoking and other activities that may weaken the lungs.
- Avoid unnecessary travel and avoid large groups of people.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Common symptoms of Coronavirus:
-Fatigue or tiredness
-Shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing
-Muscle aches and joint pains
-Very few people report diarrhea, nausea, or a runny nose.
People with mild symptoms should stay in self-isolation and take medicines prescribed by medical persons to reduce temperature, pain, and cough. Follow the instruction given by the health care provider about COVID-19 testing and referral.
You may also like Contact Lenses: Comprehensive Guide For Beginners And Advanced Users
- WHO (2019) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019