How does exercise reduce the risk of cancer? Today’s topic is all about Cancer, and the Recommended Exercises to minimize the risk of developing cancer. Stay connected.
By Chris Brown
Cancer is known to be one of the most deadly diseases. So far, scientists have been unable to point out one single cause behind cancer.
Where most people talk about exposure to radioactive elements, others talk about gene mutation however there is a large number of people who believe that it all comes down to food consumption.
According to the nutritionist, the processed food we eat has been through a lot of different systems. If high salt and sugar content is added along with buffers, and radiations, it helps in increasing the shelf life.
But when the same frozen food is heated with the use of microwaves along with the added buffers and high sodium levels in a plastic container, the quality of the ideal recipe gets degraded.
However, a recent study conducted by the American oncology association explains that cancer is genetic although it has a few environmental factors as well if you put your mind to curbing the situation, you might be able to minimize the risk.
Most people recommend that with the help of exercise, you can at least reduce the risk but there are so many other things that can contribute. To address this issue physicians have explained that exercise helps in boosting immunity, it also increases strength and endurance which as a result plays a vital role in overall making the body withstand harsh conditions.
Since cancer is a tough thing to cater to, it is not all bad. There are two main types of cancer commonly known as benign tumor and malignant tumor.
A benign tumor can be cured, it is usually small in size and with just a few sessions of chemo it can be removed. However, a malignant tumor is different. It spreads rapidly, it can come back if cured and in most cases, it spreads to other regions of the body as well which is known as the process of metastasis. This kind of cancer has roots and once it starts growing, the speed is fast and it spreads in multiple locations at the same time.
Factors That Contribute To Cancer
Cancer is one of the most brutal diseases and the worst thing about cancer is the fact that there are so many factors that contribute to the initiation of cancer that it becomes quite challenging to address all.
From natural to acquired causes and even unknown, cancer has so many different variations and each variation is caused by different factors. Some of the main factors that contribute to cancer include:
– Smoking increases the chance of cancer
– External radiations increase the risk of cancer
– Harsh chemicals, direct sunlight, UV, use of microwave also contribute to cancer
– Gene mutation is a major contributor to cancer
– Inheritance also plays a significant role in cancer
– Process food is a very significant reason for colon cancer
– Use of intoxicants, booze, and alcohol can cause liver cancer
– The use of plastic for heating food or plastic fumes can cause cancer as well.
– Living a passive lifestyle can cause digestive-related issues which can cause cancer as well.
How does exercise reduce the risk of cancer?
So far almost all physicians agree that exercise can help you keep your body active which will eventually help with curbing cancer. Where most people think that exercise only helps with making the muscle stronger, they forget about the fact that it can help you boost immunity which can not only help you in case of cancer but also in case of surviving the pandemic.
– Exercise helps the body but boosting physical fitness as well as mental fitness
– Exercise helps in making the movement effortless and reduces the chance of fatigue
– It helps in curing depression and anxiety
– Exercise helps with curing insomnia
– Exercise improves the physical ability of the individual so they can lift the weight with ease
– Exercise boosts muscle strength helps in increasing bone density as well as a range of motion
– It increases the appetite and assists indigestion
– Exercise is good for losing weight, maintaining blood sugar level and reducing blood cholesterol level
– It also helps in decreasing the risk of breast cancer directly
– For people who get diagnosed, exercise help in the speedy recovery and reducing the side effects
Best Diet to Avoid Cancer
What you eat defines you, that’s what most people believe. This is the reason, physicians say that it is best to eat healthy so that you can avoid cancer. Some of the most significant steps that can help you avoid cancer via food include:
– Drink fresh juice at least twice a week
– Drink warm water with food to help with digestion
– Avoid soda, cola, and alcohol with food
– Avoid Teflon nonstick pans
– Avoid plastic containers for storing and heating food
– Avoid using microwave
– Switch to whole food
– Add fresh vegetables and fruits to your daily diet
– Avoid heavy, deep fry, and oil-rich food
– Avoid smoking, drugs, alcohol
– Avoid using readymade or frozen food for daily use.
How to Use Exercise for Curing Cancer?
For every phase, exercise plays a different role. It is not just limited to the idea of reducing the chance of cancer, it can have its impact before treatment, while you are going through treatment as well as after survival. For every phase, exercise helps so you need to focus on that mainly.
Before treatment, try to stay more active. This will help you improve your physical fitness. This will also help you reduce the side effects of treatment and you can easily recover.
In the case of surgery, physical fitness speeds up the healing process and reduces the risk of stress and anxiety that comes with the treatment. It also improved sleep quality so the healing process gets easier.
During treatment, the person is going through a lot and this affects fitness. The ability to exercise also decreases which is the reason you can switch to simple exercises.
Low-intensity exercises will still help you with treatment but you need to keep in mind the stage of cancer, its type as well as the treatment, stamina, fitness, and type of treatment you are getting.
Recovering From Treatment
Once you have recovered from cancer, don’t jump straight into heavy exercise. Your body is still in a fragile state because of chemo and radiotherapy.
Start slow with low-intensity exercise and then go to modern intensity. Your body needs time to heal and this will eventually help you heal better with exercise.
Exercises Recommendations for Cancer Survivors
American College of Sports Medicine explains that most people after recovering either do not understand their fragile state or they are unable to balance the need of the body with exercise that is offered.
Some of the easy recommendations for survivors include:
- Two days of stretching per week are good for the body
- Try 2 days resistance training exercise
- Try 10 minutes’ walk every day
- Regular physical activity should include taking stairs, simple walks, and house chores.
- Improve the quality and intensity of the workout over time.
To sum it all up, it is safe to say that cancer is known to be one of the worst diseases on the planet. If you get diagnosed with cancer, you are never sure if you are going to survive apart from this, there are so many different factors that most people put cancer in the hands of fate.
Physicians explain that living a good and healthy life with a good diet, daily exercise, and fresh fruits can help you decrease the chance of getting cancer. Most people who exercise daily have not only been able to successfully beat cancer but their recovery time was much better than people who lived a passive lifestyle.
Exercise has been known to improve the quality of life as well as boosts energy. Where the impact of chemo was worse for people who were living a passive lifestyle, people who lived an active life show significant betterment over time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Popular Health Categories You Might be Searching For
- Health & Fitness
- Eye Health
- Eye Health PPT
- Eye Makeup Tips
- Mental Health
- Top Hospitals
- Top Journals
Health Kura is a health website created for free health tips, updates, medical notes, and health news. The website does not provide medical advice of any kind. The contents are only for educational purposes.
If you have any complaints, suggestions, or useful information about the content on this page or elsewhere on Health Kura, please feel free to contact us.
Health Kura regularly publishes health content. If you want to receive health tips, updates, news, offers, and bonuses, please Subscribe to our Newsletter.